Friday, July 23, 2010

My Action Research Topic

At the beginning of this last year I met with my principal and conferred with him about my action research topic.

The purpose of my proposed action research project is to find a way to help our student achievement, school performance, and overall success in Mathematics. Some the of the questions I am using for my inquiry will be: When did the "I can't do it" attitude problem occur in Mathematics for these students? Why is retention such a problem at this age? Why are students so apathetic in Mathematics as sophomores? What does the data show as underlying needs and weaknesses that this particular student group has? How can we promote confidence and successfulness in Mathematics?

I have actually already done most of my study on these questions; however, I still need to draw conclusions with the research.

No comments:

Post a Comment